It is Spring here in New Zealand .
Spring is all about rebirth and new beginnings so what better to time to set the intention of loving yourself more?
I truly believe that by loving ourselves more and bringing that state of self love and self acceptance into our everyday lives we can change the world around us into a more loving and accepting place. Wouldn't that be nice?
So here's your daily challenges:
- Start a gratitude journal - write down five things you are grateful for in your life. Better yet fill a whole page. Look for things to be grateful for each day.
- Look in the mirror and say " I love you." It might feel weird at first. Keep practising.
- Spend five minutes meditating - do more if you can, if not five minutes is great
- Take a walk on the beach.
- Buy some flowers or pick some from your garden. Surround yourself with beauty
- Give yourself a facial. Sure you could book into your favorite beauty salon and get one done but why not spend some time showing yourself some love instead?
- Have a soak in the bath. Add bubbles and light candles.
- Read a book for 30 minutes
- Clean out your closet. Donate any clothes that you haven't worn for the past year to The Salvation Army
- Start your day with hot water and lemon. I drink this all day instead of tea or coffee.
- Have an early night. The truth is most of us don't get enough sleep so do yourself a favor and head to bed early.
- Create a delicious salad for lunch. Use as many different colored vegetables as possible. Here's my favorite salad dressing at the moment: 1 avocado, 1 piece of turmeric (fresh) about the size of your thumb, 4 cloves of garlic ( i love garlic so you might want to reduce that), Juice of one lemon, 1 piece of ginger (fresh about the size of your thumb), a good grind of black pepper and a pinch of Himalayan salt and enough olive oil to make it liquid. Add everything to blender and give it a good whizz. Store in the fridge in an airtight container. Lasts about a week.
- Create a vision board of Self Love. What does it mean to you? Post it somewhere you will see it daily as a reminder.
- Take a yoga class. Yoga is great for helping us be present to ourselves and what our bodies are trying to tell us.
- Make a green juice. Jason Vale has great recipe
- Create an altar to self love - add crystals, images of the Goddess, affirmations, anything that reminds you to care for you.
- Buy yourself a present.
- Take yourself out to lunch.
- Nurture your inner child. What would your inner child like to do today? Go do that.
- Write a letter to your uterus. I did this after reading this amazing piece by Sue Dumais.
- Get a natural bristle brush and do dry skin brushing. Honestly, your body will feel amazing after this.
- Make a smoothie. I am drinking my Sunshine Smoothie while I write this: 1 banana, I piece of turmeric ( size of thumb) 1 piece of ginger ( size of thumb) 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 Ugli fruit, 1/4 pineapple and 250ml water. Blend and drink. This makes two large glasses. I drink them both for breakfast YUM!
A bowl of Ugli's from our trees
- Spend time in nature
- Buy some new underwear. We all have a few pairs of not so flash knickers and now is the time to ditch them!
- Eat a luscious piece of fruit.
- Wear something colorful.
- Sleep in.
- Write down 5 things you love about yourself. Add it to your vision board or altar.
- Moisturize your whole body.
- Go barefoot for a few minutes to connect with Mother Earths energy.